Donegal Local Development Company: Tender – NEETs – Young people aged 15-24 who are not in employment, education or training.
Donegal Local Development Company Ltd., has been contracted to deliver the Social Inclusion & Community Activation Programme (SICAP) by the Donegal Local Community Development Committee over the years 2015-2017.
The aim of SICAP is to reduce poverty and promote social inclusion and equality through local, regional and national engagement and collaboration. The Programme has three goals and this tender refers to Goal 2 Lifelong learning whose aim is ‘To support individuals and marginalised target groups experiencing educational disadvantage so they can participate fully, engage with and progress through life-learning opportunities through the use of community development approaches’.
The focus of this tender is on NEETs – Young people aged 15-24 who are not in employment, education or training.
The purpose of this project is:
- To document the barriers to both identifying and successfully engaging with NEETs from the perspective of both Young People and the Agencies who are seeking to engage them.
The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
- To quantify the NEETs population in Donegal and within DLDC catchment area.
- To review the research that currently exists in relation to identifying, activating and engaging with NEETs.
- To document evidenced based programmes which have been successful in identifying, activating and engaging with NEETs in both an Irish and European context.
- To document the barriers in identifying, activating and engaging NEETs generally and more specifically, within the DLDC catchment area.
- To document the experience of NEETs with a view to identifying and understanding the factors that contributed to them becoming part of this cohort.
- To identify current and emerging unmet needs within this cohort.
- To capture the expectations/attitudes of professionals that engage with this cohort.
- To propose strategies that would support the identification of this target group where no State Supported Agency has responsibility for e.g. in relation to young people age 16-18 who have left the formal education system.
Please see attahced Tender Documents (in English and Irish) for all details.
Further Information and Query Handling
Every effort has been made to ensure that this document contains all the information necessary to complete tender. Requests for additional information, clarification on the content of this document and all other queries of substance (other than in relation to purely factual or procedural matters) must be made in writing or by email. Any additional information elicited will be made available to all potential tenders who have received a copy of this document.
Queries should be submitted no later than 3 working days before the closing date for return of proposals and should be addressed to:-
Susan Kierce Marsh, SICAP Co-ordinator,
1 Millenium Court,
The latest date for receipt of sealed tenders is 5pm, 22nd July 2016.
Click here for more info: http://www.activelink.ie/content/vacancies/tenders/25472