Potential Places are subject to eligibility and availability of suitable positions.
The participants will undertake a wide range of work on the scheme in the communities within DLDC Catchment area which may consist of one or more of the below
- Maintaining and enhancing way-marked ways, agreed walks and bog roads
- Energy conservation work for the elderly and the less well off
- Village and countryside enhancement projects
- Social care and care of the elderly, community care for both pre-school and after school groups
- Environmental maintenance work, maintenance and caretaking of community and sporting facilities
- Projects relating to not for profit cultural and heritage centres
- Community administration/Clerical duties
Are you eligible for this Scheme?
To qualify you must:
Have a herd/flock number, Boat registration/Fish Licence AND be in receipt of ONE of the following:
- Farm Assist/Fish Assist
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Widow(er)’s Pension (Contributory or Non-Contributory)
- Disability Allowance
- One Parent Family Payment
- Adult Dependants of non-contributory old age pensioners who themselves are under 66/children or siblings of herd/flock/boat numbers owner (may be eligible subject to criteria)
For More Information Contact: Stephen Shevlin
DLDC Ltd., 1 Millennium Ct., Pearse Rd., Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Tel: 087 7472575
Donegal Local Development Company Limited administers the Rural Social Scheme (RSS) on behalf of the Department of Social Protection in County Donegal with the exception of Inishowen and the Gaeltacht.