In this 2.5hour Mini Me Yoga workshop, parents, grandparents, childcare providers and teachers learn simple techniques for introducing 15 minutes a day of kids yoga and positive thinking to preschool and National School children using games and exercises designed to make it fun and engaging.
No experience with yoga is necessary – anyone can join in the kids yoga fun!
Each participant will learn about:
- Why we do kids yoga
- Plus, at least 14 yoga poses
It’s action-packed and full of information as well as practical tools. Everyone leaves with what they need to get started right away, with an easy 15 minute a day program designed to be used in your daily routine, whether it be in the home, the classroom, community groups, etc. Introducing these simple games in school, daycare or the home significantly reduces stress, increases children’s capacity to learn and be gentle to one another; it teaches respect for nature and how to grow strong mentally and physically. During this age where childhood diabetes, food intolerances and hyperactivity disorders are on the rise, our games and activities bring much needed fun time where children can create and express themselves. This is an opportunity to strengthen the bond with your child whilst improving their (and your) well-being in just 15 minutes a day.
Workshop: Mini Me Yoga
Date: Monday 25th September 2017
Time: 7pm – 9.30pm
Venue: Bundoran Community Centre, Main Street, Bundoran
To Book: Contact Aisling Sharkey 086 8257549 / Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: The course is free to clients registered with SICAP. We will arrange registration if you are not currently registered with us.
Each workshop includes the following:
- 5 hour workshop, demonstrating how to adapt Mini-Me Yoga in the setting.
- Enhancing behaviour in the Early Years sector
- Develop partnership with parents.
- Techniques to help children become resilient in their everyday lives.
- 14 Mini-Me Yoga cards for each participant.
- Personal password for access to the Mini-Me Yoga Resource Village.
- Access to all video clips for all 14 Mini-Me Yoga Poses.
- Certificate of Continuous Professional Development.
- Enhancing Links to the Aistear Curriculum Framework whilst promoting a positive mental health initiative.