As the reality of our new way of life unfolds, many people and communities in Co. Donegal are coming together to help the most vulnerable deal with the upheaval to their daily lives. DLDC Community Development Team are developing an interactive map to represent volunteer groups and other relevant services that are on-call for those who need them most. Services include collecting groceries, prescriptions and medication, Meals-on-Wheels, assistance with errands, support on entitlements and the offer of a helping hand or a friendly voice at the end of the phone.
If you need to get in touch with our Community Development Team Contact Margaret Larkin email@example.com or call 087 7633790
The Department of Rural and Community Development has produced a Communications Pack for community and voluntary groups and members of the public and we would appreciate if you distribute this information across your networks, to members of your group and neighbours. This pack contains:
1. Department of Rural and Community Development – COVID-19 Government Action Plan to Support the Community Response. CLICK HERE
2. Information leaflet “You, Your Community and COVID-19” – We would ask that you distribute this across your communities, to individuals and in particular, those that do not have access or knowledge of digital platforms. Maybe include them as part of a meals on wheels drop. CLICK HERE
3. How can I volunteer? CLICK HERE
4. Sensible volunteering – Do’s and Don’ts CLICK HERE
5. Advice for local community groups – how can we get volunteers? CLICK HERE
6. Advice for vulnerable people who need supports CLICK HERE
7. How to guard against fraud and generate trust CLICK HERE
We remind you that the HSE website is the key source for health advice: www.hse.ie/coronavirus. It also includes posters and other resources that can be used in your community.
The Department helpdesk facility is available to assist you with advice or queries and is open 7 days a week – C&VSupports@drcd.gov.ie