The Traveller Job Coach is a Special Traveller employment initiative funded by the Department of Justice and Equality under the Traveller and Roma Inclusion Unit. The programme has been delivered locally throughout Donegal by DLDC since August 2011. The programme aims to create employment opportunities within the public, private and community sector for job-ready members of the Traveller community. It also aims to facilitate appropriate employment for clients who have completed training/education.
- Open up employment opportunities for members of the Traveller community within the public, private and community sectors.
- Facilitate appropriate employment for the Traveller community who have completed training/education.
- Matching clients with jobs and assisting them to integrate fully into the workforce.
- Provide access to mainstream paid employment, both part-time and full-time, based on choice, needs and abilities.
- Support members of the Traveller community that are interested in self employment.
- Support members of the Traveller community that are interested in further education, training and college
See the link to the Travellers Job Club Brochure
Click the links below to see editions of the Donegal Travellers Trav Times.
For more information on how you could benefit from this programme, please contact: