Are you unemployed and thinking about becoming self-employed, but need help in getting started or developing a business idea?
If so, our one-to-one SICAP Enterprise Support Service can help you.
We provide a confidential one to one service that will work with you to help you to develop your business idea.
We can help you with:
- Start Your Own Business Training.
- Developing your business idea and business plan.
- Accessing enterprise skills training.
- Applying for the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance Scheme.
- Networking with other small business owners.
- Accessing business mentors.
- Looking at other barriers that might be preventing you from becoming self-employed.
We look at each step along the way to starting a business and help you to produce a Business Plan, including:
* Researching the market/competitors.
* Look at start up requirements – premises, machinery and labour.
* Research sources of materials/supplies, their availability.
* Work out your costs, estimate selling price and plan how you will achieve sales.
* Decide the legal framework of your business/check out any legislation that might affect you.
* What are the total financial requirements?
* What are the sources of finance for example grant aid, seed capital loans?
Back to Work Enterprise Allowance/Short Term Allowance
The Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA) scheme allows you to retain 100% of your Social Welfare payment for a period of 12 months in year 1 and 75% in Year 2. You must be setting up as self-employed in a business that has been applied for and approved in advance through Donegal Local Development Company and be receiving one of the qualifying payments listed below for at least 12 months:
* Jobseeker’s Allowance
* Jobseeker’s Benefit (with an underlying entitlement to Jobseeker’s Allowance)*
* One-Parent Family Payment
* Blind Pension
* Disability Allowance
* Carer’s Allowance (having stopped caring duties)
* Farm Assist
* Invalidity Pension
* Incapacity Supplement
* Widow’s/Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s
* (Non-Contributory) Pension
There is no qualifying period for the Short-Term Enterprise Allowance. You can get immediate access to the allowance if you meet the qualifying conditions.
For further information on the criteria to be eligible for the above allowances please check: www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/EnterpriseAllowance-Self-Employed.aspx
CLICK HERE for Further info on Supports available through SICAP